After School Club
The After School Club is operated by Pooh Corner. Fully qualified, experienced staff offer a happy, fun environment with games and activities, such as cooking, sport, arts and crafts.
A high tea with a variety of choices will be provided but this is not intended to replace an evening meal at home. High tea includes pasta & sauce, jacket potatoes, beans on toast, sausages/fish fingers with beans and cheese on toast. Fruit is also provided.
Monday – Friday, 3.20pm – 6.00pm
Application forms and enquiries:
For more information or to apply for a place at the After School Club, please contact Cathy Sykes at Pooh Corner on 01442 863286 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ofsted Report 2017
“My children are always happy to go to the ASC, to such an extent that both want to avoid scheduling tea dates with their friends when they are due to be at the ASC.
Cathy and her team have made them feel welcomed and relaxed when they are there, and they go the extra mile to make sure the kids are happy and have been so accommodating with regards to my eldest being able to attend Forest Club and then join the ASC afterwards, and also with getting my youngest’s football gear when he goes off to Soccer club.
This type of thing is a big deal for any working parent. Last year when the kids were at an off-site ASC they couldn’t do any school clubs as there was no means for them to then get to or from the off-site ASC, which caused a lot of upset and disappointment. Cathy’s approach has certainly made my working life that bit easier for which I am really grateful.” – A working mum
Examples of termly activities :
- We offer board games for all age groups
- Drawing and art activities relating to celebrations
- We love to cook and some things we have baked are scones, cheese straws and biscuits to decorate
- For imagination, we have hand puppets and music. The children love to make up plays and extend this to role play in many areas
- We enjoy the outside playground once the lighter evenings arrive, with football, ball games, wide games and favourites like ‘What’s the time Mr Wolf ?’
- We also take time out for the older children to sit and talk about their everyday experiences and what their next steps are going to be ie moving to secondary school
- On Fridays we have our After School Club at Pooh Corner based at Berkhamsted Football Club